About Us

History

Weaver Funeral Home took form in 1945 when Ralph W. Weaver and his wife Virginia, purchased 170 Dundas St. West, now known as the "West Chapel."  Ralph & Virginia took residence upstairs in the Funeral Home, where they dedicated themselves to their business, raising their children, and serving their community.  Ralph originally obtained his Funeral Director's license in 1936, and was later joined by his brother, E.W. Al Weaver, who gained his Funeral Director's license in 1950.  The two brothers worked side by side, serving Trenton and surrounding communities until 1965, when Al and his wife Marion, purchased the A.D. Bennett Funeral Home in Campbellford, Ontario, from Don & June Bennett. 

Marion and Al moved their family to Campbellford, to continue the Weaver tradition of Funeral Service and community service, while Ralph continued the operation of the "West Chapel" until it was sold in 1982.  For the next fourteen years, the 170 Dundas St. location was operated as Weaver Funeral Home, owned by Reg. Jewel, until he sold the business to S.C.I., an American funeral corporation, in 1996.  Jeff C. Weaver, now President of Weaver Family Funeral Homes, constructed and opened a brand new chapel at 29 Bay St. known as the "East Chapel." of Trenton, in 1996 and purchased back the "West Chapel" in 2001, to complete the three locations. 

The Campbellford chapel has been represented by three generations and has operated as Weaver Family Funeral Home since 1965.  The main chapel was dedicated in memoriam as the "E.W. (Al) Weaver" chapel in 2000.



 



Ralph W. Weaver (1916-2006)
Ralph was a pillar of dedication to his profession and the community of Trenton, with many service and professional associations; he was a member for twenty years of King St. United Church Board of Stewarts, charter member and Inaugural President of Bay of Quinte Funeral Association, Past President of the Ontario Funeral Service Association, Trenton Rotary Club, recipient of the Paul Harris Fellow Award, the highest achievement in Rotary, member of the Scottish Rite-Hamilton,the Lodge Perfection Rose Croix-Peterborough, and the Shrine-Toronto, charter member of the Trenton Lion's Club, past Chairman of the Trenton Board of Education, past Vice-Chair of the Hastings County Board of Education, Board of Governors of Loyalist College, Quinte Crime Stoppers. Ralph is survived by his children, Carol, Brad and Janis, six grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.  


E.W. (Al) Weaver (1925-2000)

A veteran of World War II, who received the Canadian Volunteer Service Medal and Air Bombers Badge, Al was equally dedicated and passionate towards his profession and communities of Trenton and Campbellford. His community service began in Trenton, as a charter member, Past President of the Kiwanis Club, and Lieutenant-Governor division 6A for Ontario, the Trent Lodge #38, Trenton, and the Golden Rule Lodge, AF & AM #126.  In Campbellford Al served as Past President, Campbellford Rotary Club and received the Paul Harris Fellow Award, the highest achievement in Rotary, and was a charter member of theTrent Valley Shrine Club, and past president of the Kawartha Shrine Club.  Al also served the funeral profession's many associations, serving as President of the Bay of Quinte Funeral Association, the Ontario Funeral Service Association, and the Canadian Funeral Service Association, and ten years of service to the Campbellford Memorial Hospital Board, as Chairman and coordinator of a multi million dollar emergency care expansion to the hospital.  Al is survived by his wife Marion, three children, Jeff, Kevin and Tracey, ten grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.


Jeffrey C. Weaver 

Jeffrey obtained his Funeral Director's license in 1973, and spend the next eight years working in funeral service in Oshawa, Ont., before returning home in 1981 to join his father E.W.(Al) Weaver, in the family business.  Jeff continues the Weaver tradition in funeral and community service, as Past President Bay of Quinte Funeral Association, Heart & Stroke Foundation, board member of Campbellford Memorial Hospital Foundation, Rotary Club and Business Links of Campbellford, Business Network International of Trenton, and founding member of the Campbellford Chapter of Ducks Unlimited.  Jeff and his wife Susan purchased the Campbellford Chapel, from Al and Marion Weaver in 1987.  Jeff's wife Susan is active daily in the Campbellford chapel, as well as helping out as needed in Trenton.  Jeff and Susan have three children, Tim, Tom and Elizabeth, all having grown up as active helpers in the family business.


Tim C. Weaver 

Tim is the third generation Weaver to serve families in funeral service.  Tim has been a licensed Funeral Director since 1999, and plays an integral role of helping manage the day to day operations of the three chapel locations.  Tim has been active as a volunteer with the Campbellford Memorial Hospital Foundation, director of the Trenton Chamber of Commerce, and recently joined the Board of Directors for the Bay of Quinte Funeral Association.  Tim looks forward to continuing the dedication of service to his families and communities of Trenton and Campbellford, in the Weaver tradition.